Apply to Lone Pine Prep School for Gifted Learning in Fort Collins, Colorado
Application process (for both full-time and part-time plans):
1) Contact Us to put your student on our interest list and to have any questions answered. Join our email list to receive an application fee waiver code valid through March 1, 2021.
2) Gather test score reports and have a non-related adult who has worked with your student in a teacher/coach role submit the Recommendation Form directly to us.
Students must submit scores (and full reports if applicable) from at least ONE of the following tests, and may submit more:
- Stanford-Binet Intelligence Scales - Fifth Edition (SB5)
- Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children - Fourth Edition (WISC-IV)
- Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children - Fifth Edition (WISC-V)
- Wechsler Preschool and Primary Scale of Intelligence - Fourth Edition (WPPSI-IV)
- Woodcock-Johnson Tests of Cognitive Abilities - Third Normative Update or Fourth Edition (WJ-III NU or WJ-IV Cog)
- Differential Ability Scales - Second Edition (DAS-II)
- Kaufman Test of Educational Achievement - Second or Third Edition (KTEA-II or KTEA-3)
- ACT - administered conveniently by NUMATS
- PSAT 8/9
- MAPs testing (as provided by Poudre School District and other local schools) - both math and English, from TWO testing sessions at least 2 months apart; for example, spring of fourth grade math and English scores and fall of fifth grade math and English scores
- Accuplacer - both math and English - administered without charge by Front Range Community College
Please see our Testing Resource Document to find qualified testers in the Fort Collins / Denver area.
3) Submit the main Application Form (download & email completed form) with test scores and check that we have received the Recommendation Form from a non-related adult who has worked with your student in a teacher/coach role. The Application Fee is $180 and will be applied toward tuition for accepted students.
4) Once invited, student attends a mock lesson or shadow day while their parent/guardian meets with the head of admissions.
5) Once admitted, the parent/guardian submits the Financial Agreement and vaccination records/exemptions, and the student is officially enrolled.
2021 ONLY: Founding Family Scholarship of $3,000 to the first 10 students to be admitted! Please Contact Us to lock in the Founding Family Scholarship for your student.
Payment Options and Partial Scholarships are available - please Contact Us to inquire.