Lone Pine Prep School Activities
At Lone Pine Prep, daily access to extracurriculars and nationally recognized enrichment programs are built-in to our curriculum!
A Lone Pine student can participate in:
- The MOEMS, NOETIC, AMC-8 (or AMC-10/12), and UNC Math Contests
- Mensa for Kids' Excellence in Reading Challenge
- Literary magazines and other publications
- The National Latin Exam, National Mythology, Classical Etymology, Vocabulary, and Roman Culture exams.
- The National Geography Bee
- Lego Robotics*
- Science Olympiad*
- The Long's Peak Science and Engineering Fair
- Crafting "clubs," such as whittling
- Entrepreneurship projects
- NACLO (the North American Computational Linguistics Open Competition)
- Chess Club*
- ACSL and CyberPatriot programming competitions
- Activities in the arts, such as Improv classes or a handbell choir
- Service projects (student-designed and student-led!)
- Field Trips and Adventures built into the school day (Wednesday afternoons)
*For those who do choose the competitive route, MathCounts (once or twice/year), Lego Robotics (once or twice/year), and Science Olympiad (twice or thrice/year) have tournaments on Saturdays. MathCounts usually has "pizza, problems, and a movie" nights once a month. Your student may also participate in Chessmates chess tournaments (register with Chessmatesfc.com) held monthly on Saturdays.